A champion of a salad for vitamins! Together the lamb’s lettuce, watercress and lettuce cover your needs for 3 vitamins… A great way of boosting your energy levels and vitality!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 bag lamb’s lettuce
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 cup dried apricots
- hazelnut oil
- cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the salad leaves and watercress and spin to dry.
- Brown the chopped almonds in a pan over a very low heat for 5 minutes until pale gold in colour.
- Roughly chop the apricots.
- Make the vinaigrette in the salad bowl: mix 2 tbsp oil for one of vinegar and one teaspoon of honey.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the salad leaves, almonds and apricots and toss well.
- Serve with croutons made from a farmhouse loaf.
When you’re in a hurry, choose ready-made bagged salads: just as nutritious and a great way of saving precious time.