This recipe is equally delicious served warm as a starter, or hot as a side dish with some white meat. The coriander really brings out the flavour of the carrots. Raw or cooked, this is an excellent combination.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 600g of carrots
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 4 to 6 new onions
- salt, pepper
- one lemon juice
- 1 table spoon of honey
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- curcuma, cumin
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Peel the carrots, the garlic and the onions.
- Mince the garlic, chop the onions and slice the carrots.
- In a frying pan, brown the garlic and onions in a bit of oil. Add the carrots, salt and pepper, mix and let it simmer uncovered over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add a bit of water if necessary during the cooking.
- Mix the honey and lemon juice, add the rest of the oil plus a small teaspoon of curcuma and cumin.
- Add ½ glass of water and pour into the frying pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from stove, add the chopped coriander and serve.