The purpose of this policy is to explain how the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION protects your Personal Data, in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679, referred to hereinafter as “GDPR”) and the ways in which the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION, acting in its capacity as Data Protection Officer, gathers and uses your Personal Data when you browse the website at www.fondation-louisbonduelle.org.
1. About us
1.1 Our Personal Data Protection commitments
The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION cares about protecting the Personal Data of its website users (including visitors, potential customers and persons responding to calls for projects) (hereinafter referred to as “Persons Concerned”) which is collected in the framework of Personal Data Processing. The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION fully undertakes to ensure a high level of protection for Personal Data and to comply with all applicable Data Protection rules during Personal Data Processing performed in the framework of its business activities.
1.2 Our Personal Data Protection network and our compliance program
The Bonduelle Group has set up a Data Protection organization and network to ensure compliance with Personal Data Protection rules; a key feature of this system is a Group Data Protection Committee (assisted in its work by a Group Data Protection Officer) appointed at the Group level.
In addition to this Data Protection network, and in accordance with the GDPR, the Bonduelle Group has implemented measures aimed at maintaining and verifying the effectiveness of Personal Data Protection. In particular, the Bonduelle Group has put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to incorporate Data Protection principles, including various internal policies and procedures with the goals of educating its employees about the importance of Personal Data Protection, giving them operational advice about how to comply with Data Protection rules and verifying adherence to these rules. The Bonduelle Group also launched an awareness raising program to develop the skills of its employees in this subject area.
1.3 The Personal Data Protection principles we abide by
The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the effective implementation of Personal Data Protection principles in order to comply with Personal Data regulations and to protect the rights and liberties of the Persons Concerned from the design of data processing operations and for their entire duration.
The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION collects and processes your Personal Data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes. The Personal Data collected is not subject to any subsequent processing that is incompatible with these purposes. The Personal Data is adapted, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which this data is processed. The Personal Data is processed in a lawful, fair and transparent manner with regard to the person concerned. The Personal Data is accurate and, where applicable, corrected and updated.
Furthermore, the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION agrees to comply with all other principles established by applicable rules as explained in the following sections of this Policy, especially with regard to upholding the rights granted to the Persons Concerned, the storage of Personal Data, the security of Personal Data and the cross-border transfer of Personal Data.
2. About the collection and use of your Personal Data on the website www.fondation-louisbonduelle.org
2.1 When do we collect your Personal Data?
You may give us your personal information when you visit our website www.fondation-louisbonduelle.org. In this context, the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION may collect your Personal Data when the following actions occur:
- When you browse the website www.fondation-louisbonduelle.org (i.e. technical information, such as the IP addresses or logs collected via cookies or similar technologies);
- When you respond to calls for projects or a Research Award from the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION, or when you submit a partnership request;
- When you sign up for events organized by the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter;
- When you contact the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION via the “Contact” or “Press” links;
- When you submit personal information in any way.
2.2. What do we do with your Personal Data?
The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION uses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Management of external communication: You may receive information or notifications from the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION and/or other companies, in particular about the topics and events that may be of interest to you, provided that, as applicable, you have given your prior consent, and in respect of your right to object to such use, in accordance with the legal requirements applicable to direct marketing. These notifications may be sent by email or other means.
- Compilation of statistical analyses, including to manage internet traffic (e.g. to understand the audiences using the various BONDUELLE websites, in order to improve the site’s user-friendliness and the relevance of our services).
- Management of the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION network and partnerships: The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION will collect your Personal Data to register you in the framework of a membership/partnership or to learn about your desire to work with the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION, to respond to your inquiry or to manage our relationship.
Please note that the fields denoted with an asterisk on the online forms are mandatory fields to complete. Without this information, the user’s request may not be processed by the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION. All other information is optional.
2.3 What is the legal basis for our collection of your Personal Data?
The Processing operations performed by the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION are founded mainly on its legitimate interest in carrying out communicationactivities to personalize its content, to meet the needs of its audiences and partners, and to improve its activities; these operations are also founded on the need to implement contracts signed with the Persons Concerned or to take measures at the request of the Persons Concerned prior to signing a contract; finally, Processing may be necessary to comply with a legal obligation. The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION also has a legitimate interest in engaging in networking/partnership building to better manage its activities. Under all circumstances, the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION shall ensure the lawfulness/legality? of Processing in accordance with applicable Data Protection rules (including obtaining consent when required).
2.4 Who has access to your Personal Data?
- Recipients of your Personal Data: the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION may share your Personal Data with the following categories of recipients (please note that we take all reasonable legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your Personal Data):
- BONDUELLE employees who are assigned to the teams in charge of the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION,
- Employees group companies in charge of managing customer relations, including the sales department, after-sales department, claims department and quality department;
- BONDUELLE employees who are assigned to the digital and IT teams; the accounting department in charge of issuing payments;
- BONDUELLE subcontractors in charge of customer support, hosting, IT support and other activities;
- Third parties, when the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION receives a request from a judicial or public authority legally authorized to do so, in accordance with applicable laws.
The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION may also share your Personal Data with its business partners and other BONDUELLE entities (as well as any service providers they may use) for the purposes mentioned in Article 2.2 above, especially with respect to events likely to be of interest to you, provided you have given prior consent. Some of these recipients are located outside the European Economic Area, including Business Units located in Brazil, Argentina, the United States, Canada, Russia and Ukraine.
The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION does not share your Personal Data with other third parties, except for its service providers, in the framework explained below in Paragraph 3, especially to send information, for hosting and for IT support. Some of these service providers are located outside the European Economic Area, including in the United States.
- International transfers of your Personal Data: To the extent that data protection laws in certain countries may be different from those of the country in which you initially provided your Personal Data, the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION takes special care to ensure that your Personal Data is protected in compliance with the strictest applicable rules. In this respect, the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION undertakes to employ standard contract clauses (such as those published by the European Commission or other competent regulatory body) or any other appropriate guarantees, on a case-by-case basis, when your personal data is transferred to a recipient located outside the European Economic Area in a country that, according to the European Commission, is not considered to ensure an adequate level of protection.
2.5 For how long do we store your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is kept in consideration of the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION’s activities for a period not to exceed what is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION keeps your Personal Data in accordance with the conservation periods required by applicable laws and, more specifically:
- When you contact us to request information, we retain your Personal Data for the period of time needed for Processing your request, then, if necessary, we keep it for a period of time which enables us to comply with any legal obligation or for a period equal to the legal statute of limitations (i.e. five years);
- We keep your Personal Data used for direct marketing purposes until you unsubscribe (in that case, only the information needed to exercise your right to object is kept for at least three years) or for a maximum period of three years from the last contact.
- If you are an ambassador, an influencer or a partner or if you are part of our network of researchers, we retain your Personal Data over the full course of our relationship and, as necessary, we store it for a period of time which enables us to comply with any legal obligation or for a period equal to the legal statute of limitations (i.e. five years);
- Personal Data relating to applications to call for projects and for research awards are kept for two years for rejected applications.
3. How do we guarantee the SECURITY of your personal data?
The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION takes all relevant technical and organizational measures intended to maintain an appropriate level of Personal Data security in light of the risks relating to your rights and liberties and, in particular, all measures to protect your Personal Data from accidental or illegal destruction, loss, tampering, disclosure or unauthorized access. The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION contractually imposes the same level of protection on its service providers who process your Personal Data as Subcontractors (on behalf of the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION). In addition, all employees of the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION who may have access to your Personal Data in the course of their work are bound to hold it in the strictest confidentiality.
4. Personal Data of minors
The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION does not knowingly collect, store or use the Personal Data of minors under the age of 15 years old. If information pertaining to a minor has been collected by our website without the consent or approval of the holder of parental responsibility for that minor, please note that the minor’s legal representative may exercise the minor’s rights our his/her behalf. In this situation, we invite you to contact us.
5. About COOKIES
- What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that websites save on the computer or mobile device of their visitors. Cookies are widely used to operate and improve the function of these websites to offer a personalized online experience or to provide various information to the owners of websites.When you visit our website, the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION may collect your Personal Data in the form of cookies, logs and other similar technologies, including your IP address and your preferences.
The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION may use the Personal Data obtained through cookies for the following purposes:
- For technical reasons (e.g. for the purposes of identification during sessions, saving settings and preferences or tracing the data you enter when filling out online forms, etc.);
- For statistical analysis and management of internet traffic (e.g. to improve the user friendliness of the website and the relevance of our services, to analyze information about the site’s use by visitors via the pages visited, number of visits, etc.);
- To enable geolocation when using specific features, such as the website languages and content recommendations based on the country from which the visitor logs on.
- How can you prevent your computer from accepting cookies?
- Google Chrome :
- Internet Explorer :
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari :
- Google Chrome :
6. Your Personal Data Protection rights
You may, at any time, contact the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION to exercise your rights to access, correct, erase or transfer your Personal Data, as well as your rights to restrict or object to the Processing of your Personal Data, in accordance with the provisions set forth in the Data Protection Regulation. You also have the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing and, consequently, to ask at any time to stop receiving messages from the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION. When the Processing requires your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To exercise your rights, you may send your request to the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION Data Protection Officer (see Section 8 hereinafter). To enable us to respond to your request, you must provide us with the following identifying information: name, email or postal address and any other information necessary to confirm your identity.
You may also file a claim with a Control Authority if there is a violation of applicable Data Protection rules.
7. Changes to our POLICY
This Policy may be changed or supplemented at any time by the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION. All changes and additions made to this Policy take effect as soon as they are published on the website.
Please note that the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION agrees not to process your Personal Data in a way that is incompatible with the aforementioned initial purposes, except in order to comply with applicable rules.
For all questions or comments pertaining to our Confidentiality Policy or how the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION gathers and uses your personal data and to exercise your rights concerning your Personal Data, please email [email protected] or send a letter to the following address: ATTN: Data Protection Officer, Bonduelle, Rue Nicolas Appert, BP 30173, F-59653 Villeneuve D’Ascq.
“LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION”: Refers to the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION, a Corporate Foundation, a not-for-profit legal entity whose registered headquarters are located at Rue Nicolas Appert, BP 30173, F-59653 Villeneuve D’Ascq, acting in its capacity as Data Controller. The founding companies of the LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION are BONDUELLE and BONDUELLE EUROPE LONG LIFE.
“BONDUELLE”: Refers to BONDUELLE, a société en commandite par actions (French limited partnership with shares) with capital of 56,491,956.50 Euros, headquartered at La Woestyne 59173 Renescure, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Dunkirk under number 447 250 044, and the company BONDUELLE, a société anonyme (French corporation) with capital of 234,806,000 Euros, headquartered at La Woestyne 59173 Renescure, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Dunkirk under number 445 450 174, acting in its capacity as Data Controller.
“Personal Data”: Refers to all information relating to a Person Concerned.
“Data Controller”: The LOUIS BONDUELLE FOUNDATION which determines the purposes and methods of Personal Data Processing.
“Subcontractor”: The entity which processes Personal Data on behalf of the Data Controller.
“Person Concerned”: Refers to an identified or identifiable natural person to whom the Personal Data relates. An identifiable natural person is a person who may be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data or online identifier (including IP addresses and logs) or es and the registry) or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identify of that natural person.
“Processing”: Refers to any operation performed on Personal Data, whether automatically or otherwise, such as collecting, saving, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting, modifying, retrieving, viewing, using, disclosing by transmission, disseminating or allowing access in any other way, aligning, combining, restricting, deleting or destroying.
“Transfer”: refers to any transfer of Personal Data from one entity to another country. A transfer may take place via any communication, copying, transfer or disclosure of personal data through a network, including remote access to a database or the transfer from one format to another, regardless of the type of format (for example, from a computer hard drive to a server).