Depending on the consistency you are looking for, when the sauce has finished cooking, uncovered for 10 minutes or until the liquid is reduced or thickened. Use this sauce to make reluctant gourmets enjoy cooked vegetables!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 200 g of grey shallots
- 30 g of butter
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1 cube of fish-stock
- 200 ml of liquid fresh cream
- salt, pepper
- 1 hint of lemon juice
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Peel the shallots and slice thinly.
- Brown them in a pan over low heat with a bit of oil, for 10 minutes.
- Add the white wine, let it cook till the liquid reduces by half.
- Dissolve a cube of fish-stock in a glass of water and add to the pan with the thyme.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Finally, add the cream and let it simmer for 20 minutes over low heat, uncovered.