A dish originating from the Anglo-Saxon countries. With the sweetness of the carrot, it will satisfy the taste buds of young and old alike.
Ingredients (serves 8):
- ½ bag of sliced frozen carrots
- 90g of sugar
- 100g of flour
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ sachet of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180° C, gas mark 6.
- Mix the yeast and flour. Then vigorously beat the eggs, sugar and oil with a fork.
- Mix everything to obtain a homogeneous and smooth base.
- Grease the bottom of a tin with a kitchen paper impregnated with a little oil.
- Mix the carrots with the preparation and then pour into a tin.
- Place the dish in the oven for 50 minutes.
To add extra flavour, add some spice. Serve with a few leaves of salad. A recipe costing less than 10 euros and available to all.