This sauce goes particularly well with red meat. Use this sauce to let reluctant gourmets enjoy cooked vegetables!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 30g of butter
- 4 shallots
- 100g of white mushrooms
- 1 glass of good claret
- 1 glass of warm water
- 1 cube of veal stock
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- 1 laurel leaf
- 130g of cream
- 50g of butter
- Peel and chop the shallots. Rinse and slice the mushrooms.
- Pour the lemon juice over to prevent them from browning.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and brown the shallots for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, stir and leave to cook for 5 minutes before adding the wine, water and cube of veal-stock.
- Season with salt, sugar, Espelette pepper and laurel.
- Finally add the cream and leave to cook for 15 minutes. Remove the laurel leaf before serving.