A nutritionally beneficial combination of vitamins and essential fatty acids, which most people lack in their diets. This salad provides a third of your daily fibre needs and half of your essential fatty acids.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 tin pineapple pieces
- 15 anchovy fillets in oil
- 10 small onions in vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash the lettuce: pick over the leaves and dry.
- Place half the lettuce leaves in a salad bowl.
- Peel and chop the radishes and add to the salad bowl. Add the small onions.
- Peel the apple and cut into round slices. Then cut the pineapple pieces into small dice. Add the apple slices and diced pineapple to the salad bowl.
- Then add 2 tbsp oil, the juice of half a lemon and some pepper.
- Arrange the rest of the lettuce leaves on top and add the anchovy fillets.
- Sprinkle with the juice from the other half of the lemon. Serve.
De-salt the anchovies for an hour before you begin. And make sure you don’t add any more salt!