Plenty of complementary benefits come together in this recipe: complex carbohydrates from the chick peas, vitamins from the other vegetables and a high fibre content. Follow the same principle to make a whole range of different kinds of tagine as they do in Morocco.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 400 g carrots,
- 300 g sliced leeks
- 1 small can chick peas
- 100 g small onions
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100 g pitted prunes
- Olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt, pepper,
- Brown the onions in a spoonful of olive oil in a large casserole dish.
- Season with salt and add the sugar.
- Add the carrot slices and leave to brown gently for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the chick peas.
- Add the sliced leeks, tomatoes and prunes.
- Season well and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the chick peas and leave on the heat for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Add a few dried tomatoes in oil for even more flavour.