Purslane is a wild salad that is rich in omega 3: it is one of the main features of the famous Cretan diet.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 bunches of purslane
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 250g of tomato puree
- some red olives for decoration
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of coriander
- salt, pepper, cumin and paprika
- olive oil
- Carefully wash the purslane. Chop it and steam-cook it for 20 min.
- Peel the garlic cloves, crush them and brown them in the pan with a dash of oil.
- Add salt, tomato paste and let it simmer.
- Wash the parsley and coriander, chop everything finely.
- Add the spices, chopped parsley and coriander, and the cooked purslane.
- Let it simmer for another 10 min. without a lid.
- Serve in a salad bowl and decorate with the red olives.
Add colour to the dish with a few cherry tomatoes.