Cooking vegetables with spices and very little fat is a great way of making tasty dishes that even “vegetable-haters” will like. You just need a bit of imagination and a selection of spices to come up with your own great recipe ideas!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 3 heads of celery separated into sticks
- 20 g butter
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 yoghurt
- salt, cayenne pepper, paprika
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 hard-boiled eggs parsley
- Peel the celery, discarding any damaged parts, wash and chop.
- Put the hearts to one side.
- Melt the butter in a casserole dish and add the chopped celery.
- Cut the celery hearts in two lengthways and place on top of the chopped celery.
- Add just enough cold water to cover, season with salt and pepper and add the concentrated chicken stock. Cook over a low heat for around 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the dish. Drain.
- Whilst the celery is cooling, make the dressing.
- Pour the yogurt into a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and add a pinch of cayenne, the paprika and the vinegar.
- Beat with a whisk until smooth.
- Arrange the celery hearts on a serving dish and pour over the dressing.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and hard-boiled egg yolks passed through a vegetable mill.
Cook the celery in a pressure cooker for 7 minutes. You will save some time!