Did you know the cooking oil plays a key role in this recipe? It helps to extract the natural antioxidants in the carrots and onions so that they are available to be absorbed. So cooking with oil has its good side too! A beneficial food for fighting the damages from free radicals from the oxygen in the air and the natural ageing process.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 kg carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp traditional mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut into sections and then into 4.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and sweat the onions gently, then add the carrots.
- Leave to brown for 5 minutes, then add the honey, mustard and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Leave to simmer, half-covered with a lid, for 35 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Serve with poultry or roast pork.