If you are in a rush, opt for frozen spinach and follow the recipe, do not defrost the spinach.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 12 large white mushrooms
- 2 kg spinach
- 250 g chicken livers
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 bunch of parsley
- thyme, bay leaf, nutmeg
- 100 g butter salt, pepper.
- Clean the mushrooms, keeping the stalks on one side.
- Brown the caps quickly in the butter and season.
- Clean the chicken livers and chop them with the mushroom stalks, garlic, shallots and parsley.
- Soften the garlic and shallots in half the butter and add the chopped mushrooms, thyme and bay leaf.
- Once the juices from the mushrooms have started to run, add the chicken livers and sauté quickly (they should not be completely cooked through), season and remove from the heat.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the chicken-liver mixture and place in a buttered ovenproof dish.
- Add a knob of butter and cook in a medium-hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the mushrooms are cooking, clean the spinach and rinse thoroughly in several changes of water.
- Cook with 25 g butter for around 20 minutes in a large saucepan (do it in two batches if necessary). Do not add water.
- Once the spinach has wilted, season with salt and pepper and add a pinch of nutmeg.
- Keep warm. Press the spinach thoroughly through a sieve until dry, mix with the rest of the butter and arrange the mushrooms on top. Serve hot.