It’s easy to include more vegetables in your pre-dinner nibbles! All it takes is a little bit of imagination! This recipe is low in fat and salt, and high in fibre and vitamins.
Ingredients (40 canapés):
- 10 slices of sandwich bread
- 1 medium courgette
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg (to taste)
- 70 g grated Emmental cheese
- Preheat the grill. Wash and peel the courgettes.
- Dice them and then fry them in the olive oil for around 7 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and nutmeg.
- Once the courgettes are cooked through and lightly golden, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Blend using an electric mixer, together with the egg, to obtain a thick purée.
- Spread the sliced bread with a generous layer of the courgette mixture.
- Gently mix together the cheese and sesame seeds.
- Sprinkle over the courgette purée.
- Use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut the bread into quarters, or into any other shape, as preferred.
- Place under the grill for 15 minutes, until golden.
You can also use frozen courgette slices. Use them in the same way as the fresh courgettes in the recipe; there is no need to defrost in advance – simply increase the cooking time to 20 minutes.