Gazpacho can be made with cucumber, tomatoes, peppers and so on: the principle is the same. A festive but ultra-light starter
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 small courgettes
- 1 shallot
- 1 slice dried bread
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and white pepper
- Wash the courgettes and trim the ends.
- Cut them in 4 and cook in a pressure-cooker for 4 min.
- In the meantime, skin the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- Whizz the courgettes in a blender and add the tomato flesh, stock and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the bread into small pieces and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Gradually incorporate the vegetable juices and finish thickening the gazpacho.
- Leave to chill. Add chilli to taste and serve cold.