Low-fat cooking is simple! The principle of cooking ‘en papillotte’ (in a parcel) applies to all fish and vegetables that make “perfect partners”, such as leeks with mackerel, salmon with fennel and sole with carrots. You’ll be cooking satisfying dishes that come in at under 300 calories and are high in precious micronutrients.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 180 g fish fillet (coley, cod, trout)
- 250 g tinned or frozen leaf spinach
- 1 tsp mustard
- Arrange half the spinach in a shallow dish or sheet of aluminium foil.
- Place the fish on top and brush with mustard.
- Cover with the rest of the spinach. Seal the foil.
- Bake in the oven at gas mark 8/9 (250°) for 15 to 20 minutes or in the basket of a pressure-coooker for 7 minutes.
A miniature Pyrex dish with a lid makes a ‘papillotte’ that you can use again and again. Whether you use a pressure-cooker or the oven, you’ll get all the flavours and micronutrients of the food you cook in it.