Ideal as an accompaniment to grilled red meats. Use the poultry stock to get an even more tasty recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 kg young turnips
- 100 g Parmesan
- 4 to 5 tbsp meat juices, fat removed
- 30 g butter
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley.
- Salt, pepper
- Peel the turnips and cook them in boiling salted water for around 15 minutes (cooking times will vary depending on size, but they should stay slightly firm).
- Drain, leave until cool enough to handle and cut into slices.
- Arrange in a buttered gratin dish in overlapping layers and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Pour over the meat juices and bake in a hot oven for around 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter, season, add the chopped parsley and pour over the turnips; return the dish to the oven for a few minutes.