You can use a ready to be used dough, go for an unsweetened short crust pastry or a puff pastry. Serve as a starter or main course, whichever you prefer!
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 250 g leeks
- 125 g butter
- 250 g flour
- 5 eggs
- 125 g cream nutmeg,
- salt and pepper.
- Slice the white part of the leeks into thin rounds and place in a saucepan with 50 g butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Leave to cook over a low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Make the pastry using the flour, the rest of the butter, 3 eggs, 2 egg whites and some salt. Knead by hand, place on a well-floured board and roll out thinly.
- Line a buttered pie dish with half the pastry.
- Remove the leeks from the heat, add 2 egg yolks and the cream to thicken and season with salt and pepper. Spoon into the pie dish.
- Cover with the rest of the pastry and draw some shapes with a knife to decorate.
- Seal the edges of the pastry firmly with a little water.
- Bake in a hot oven for 30 minutes until golden. Serve hot.