Frozen peppers can be used if you are in a rush! Do not defrost them ahead. Peppers are full of vitamin C: they contain more than an orange or Kiwi, even cooked, so enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 shallot
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 1 large tin peeled tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- olive oil, salt and pepper
- Peel the shallot and onion and chop finely.
- Wash the peppers, remove the seeds and cut into strips.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the core and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips and put the oil on to heat.
- Add the shallot and onion to the hot oil and brown for a few moments, then add the chicken, chopped tomatoes, pepper strips, tin of peeled tomatoes, stock cube, salt and pepper.
- Cook over a high heat for 5 min then lower the heat and leave to simmer for a minimum of 1?2 hour.
- Serve with fresh tagliatelle.