A traditional creamy and tasty recipe full of vitamin A (retinol, and beta-carotene) that will help maintain vision and normal skin.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 1 bag of frozen chopped onions
- 3 eggs
- 50 g of parmesan
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 mug of milk
- Salt and pepper
- Roll out the dough, line a buttered tart pan and prick the pastry with a fork. Preheat the oven at 180°, gas mark 6.
- Sauté the onion in a frying pan with a little olive oil.
- In a bowl, with a fork beat the eggs adding salt and pepper and the onions.
- Pour the mixture on the dough and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Add some diced ham or bacon to accentuate the flavour of the onions. A recipe costing less than 5 Euro and accessible to all.