Serve this dish with a generous green salad or vegetable soup for a balanced meal rich in vitamins.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 1 parsnip
- 1 onion
- smoked salmon
- 4 eggs
- 400 ml double cream
- 10 g butter
- grated Gruyere
- grated nutmeg, salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4-5.
- Wash and grate the parsnip, chop the onion.
- Melt the butter and add the parsnip and onion; cover with a lid and allow to sweat gently for 10 minutes.
- Unroll the pastry into a tin and prick with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs with the cream and season with pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Finely chop the smoked salmon and arrange on the base of the tart with the parsnip mixture.
- Add the grated Gruyere and pour the egg and cream mixture over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
The salmon can be replaced with cubes of smoked ham.