The flour and yogurt mixture can be replaced with coconut milk, available tinned from the supermarket. Serve with shrimp or fish and you’ll have a light meal and vitamins.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 600 g cauliflower
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 250 g tomato sauce
- 150 ml natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 50 g ground almonds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Wash the cauliflower and separate into small florets.
- Heat the oil in a wok (or frying pan).
- Sauté the mustard seeds in the oil for 1 minute and add the chopped garlic and shallots. Brown for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower florets and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, tomato sauce, 200 ml water and the soy sauce. Bring up to the boil and simmer gently for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour into the yogurt and add to the mixture. Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with coriander and ground almonds before serving. Serve with sliced tomatoes.