An original way of eating a large amount of parsley and mint so you can make the most of all their benefits! A light starter that’s high in vitamins and minerals.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 bunches flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 100 g cracked wheat (bulgur)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- Soften the cracked wheat in a little warm water and lemon juice, add a pinch of salt and mix well to stop it forming clumps.
- Strip the leaves off the parsley and mint, wash them and spin them dry.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Cut the tomatoes into small dice.
- Mix the herbs, tomatoes and onion with the cracked wheat in a salad bowl.
- Leave to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, add the olive oil at the last minute and serve very cold.
Real Lebanese tabbouleh is made with cracked wheat, not couscous. Serve as a starter or accompaniment.