A fresh and light recipe, perfect for summer evenings. Eat as much as you like; will bring you the vitamins A (beta-carotene), C and B9; that contribute to the normal functioning of the immune system.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 slices of smoked ham
- 2 slices of watermelon
- 100g of watercress
- 50g of pecorino (or Comté)
- 4 walnuts
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the watercress.
- Place it in a salad bowl or in a bowl. Season with oil, salt and pepper.
- Slice a few pieces of pecorino with a peeler (Comté cheese will also do) and add them to the salad.
- Arrange a few pieces of watermelon. Crush the nuts and add to the bowl.
- Then arrange the pecorino, watercress and watermelon in the centre of a slice of ham and wrap the whole thing.
Substitute the watercress with lamb’s lettuce or spinach leaves. A starter costing less than 5 euros and accessible to all.