Choose very white Chinese artichokes, as they have a thinner skin. The intestines tolerate Chinese artichokes better when served with aniseed or cumin.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- Put a handful of coarse salt on a tea towel and rub the Chinese artichokes to remove the dry skin. Wash thoroughly under the tap.
- Heat some salted water in a large saucepan and add the Chinese artichokes as soon as the water boils. Leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Like potatoes, Chinese artichokes should not be crunchy. As soon as they have finished cooking, cool them with cold water and dry them.
- Then brown them in a frying pan with the butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the parsley, peel the garlic and chop them finely together.
- Sprinkle over the sautéed Chinese artichokes just before serving.