A delicious way of serving avocado to children and foodies alike, this rich and tasty recipe contains good vegetable fats and is a pleasure to eat.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 lime
- 80 g flour
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 60 g brown sugar
- 40 g grated coconut
- 30 g peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 90 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 packet of baking powder
- five spice
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (gas mark 3/4).
- Separate the egg yolks from the white. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and peanut butter until it forms a smooth, creamy paste.
- Mash the banana and add to the mixture with the coconut milk, grated coconut and grated zest of the lime. Mix well.
- Now melt the chocolate.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder into the egg mixture, adding the melted chocolate and diced avocado with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Combine quickly.
- Whip the egg whites to a soft peak and gently combine with the mixture.
- Pour into a small cake tin and sprinkle with five spice powder and the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
You can replace the coconut milk with grated coconut and a small coffee cup of water.