This two-colour recipe is a hit with children, who love its slightly sweet taste. A good way to persuade them to eat vegetables. An ideal side dish with fish and meat.
Ingredients (serves 5):
- 950g of rutabaga
- 350g of carrots
- 2 shallots
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- 100ml light cream
- 1 spoon of honey
- a knob of butter
- salt, pepper
- 25g pistachios
- Wash and peel the vegetables.
- Slice the carrots and dice the rutabagas.
- Peel, chop and fry the shallots in the pan for 2 min. Add the carrots and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- The carrots should stay crunchy. Add the rutabaga and stir, add salt and pepper and leave to boil.
- Add water while cooking if necessary.
- When cooked, add nutmeg and cream and sprinkle with the shelled pistachios. Serve hot.