A nice way to discover a not so well-known vegetable. A dish with pro-vitamin A; a vitamin that helps maintaining a healthy vision and a normal skin.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 pumpkin
- Oil (frying if possible)
- 1 pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and cut the pumpkin flesh. Then cut into fries-shape of but not too thick.
- Heat the oil to 160 ° C. Meanwhile, season the fries with salt and pepper.
- Place the pumpkin fries into the hot oil, turning them to ensure they are cooked on both sides.
- Place on a kitchen towel tissue to dry and then season again with a little salt and paprika.
- Place in a dish; don’t forget to set aside the ketchup sauce.
Serve with red or white meat. A recipe costing less than 5 euros and accessible to all.