A sweet and salty mix that will delight the taste buds of young and old alike. A starter full of vitamin C that will help to protect cells against oxidative stress and increase the absorption of iron.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 slice of farmhouse bread
- 2 apples
- 1 bag of frozen spinach
- 1 dash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Spread a little oil on the slices of bread
- Peel the apples and dice before placing in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Similarly, place the spinach in the microwave for cooking time; refer to the instructions on the packet.
- Arrange the ingredients on the slices of bread.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the slices of bread for 10 minutes at 180°C, gas mark 6.
Add some aromatic herbs such as chives, chervil or parsley to bring freshness and lightness. A recipe costing less than 5 Euro and accessible to all.