Ideal with a salad, add a fruit and you have a complete healthy meal.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 1 kg potatoes
- 30 g 5% fat cream
- 70 g mixed Parmesan / Emmental
- 3 pinches nutmeg
- Salt, pepper
- Zest of one orange
- 330 ml stock
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 (180°C)
- Cut the pumpkin in two. Remove the seeds, peel and cut into cubes.
- Steam the pumpkin for 15 minutes or cook in a saucepan of boiling water. Drain.
- Peel the potatoes and cook in a saucepan covered with salted water.
- Pass through a vegetable mill as soon as they are cooked and spoon the purée into a salad bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and add one or two pinches of nutmeg
- Heat the stock and pour over the potato purée. Add two small spoonfuls of cream and mix.
- Spoon the prepared purée into a gratin dish.
- Mash the pumpkin in a vegetable mill, adding it to the salad bowl as you go.
- Wash and scrub the orange, remove the zest with a grater and add to the pumpkin purée, season with salt and pepper, adding the rest of the cream, and mix.
- Sprinkle the surface of the potato purée with half the cheese mixture and cover with the pumpkin purée.
- Sprinkle the top of the pumpkin purée with the rest of the cheese and bake in a hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the surface of the gratin has browned.