A tasty combination of vitamins: provitamin A from the carrots and vitamin B9 from the leeks, with fibre to gently stimulate digestive transit.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- Peel and finely chop the onion and cook in the oil in a stockpot until pale gold in colour.
- Wash and peel the leeks, keeping the white and tender green parts, and cut into very thin slices.
- Peel the carrots and grate them coarsely.
- Once the onion has browned slightly, add the sliced leeks and grated carrots; leave to cook for 5 minutes, add ½ glass water, cover and leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste. Add a little more water during cooking if required.
- The vegetables are cooked once they are completely soft and tender.
Keep the green parts of the leek to make a tasty vegetable stock, cooked slowly to release all the flavour. Remove at the end of cooking: you’ll get the benefit of the vitamins but they will be too tough to eat.