A dish full of flavours! A recipe rich essentially in vitamin beta-carotene which will help maintain vision and normal skin.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3 carrots
- A handful of raisins
- 1 egg
- 100g of flour
- 40g of caster sugar
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°, gas mark 7, and then in a bowl mix the boiling water and the yeast, leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Beat the egg, with the oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, raisins and the freshly shredded carrots.
- Mix thoroughly to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish and cook for 40 minutes until the cake is golden and puffed.
Serve with a chicory salad or a tossed green salad. A recipe costing less than 10 Euro and accessible to all.