Serving foods they love alongside others they are less familiar with is the best way of getting children to enjoy vegetables. Following the same principle, why not try serving rice with a few slices of carrot, a few green beans, some diced tomato, etc?
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 160 g pasta (penne, spaghetti, macaroni)
- 1 small tin of sweet corn
- 1 large cup of frozen peas
- 1 knob of butter
- Once the pasta is cooked, add the sweet corn and peas to the saucepan for 1 minute and then drain.
- Serve with a knob of butter on top, then mix together.
Ketchup is not a complete no-no: it’s low in fat but high in sugar. Why not serve with a tomato coulis that’s not too acidic instead?