Remember, cakes are very high in fat and calories. By increasing the amount of vegetables, you can significantly reduce the number of calories. Let this recipe inspire you to make other vegetable cakes that kids and teenagers will love!
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 3 eggs
- 100 g grated Gruyere
- 150 g plain flour
- 350 g Jerusalem artichokes
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 250 g smoked bacon lardons
- 125 ml milk
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 185°C, gas mark 4-5.
- Wash and cook the artichokes in a pan for around 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly, drain and cut into pieces.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add the oil and warm milk.
- Add the grated Gruyere, artichokes and bacon lardons. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a non-greased baking tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
You can replace the lardons with confit of duck gizzards.