A great recipe that brings dried vegetables back into fashion: make the most of all the precious nutrients they contain. If you want to cut down on calories, use a low-fat cream instead. This will cut the calorie count per glass down to 46.
Ingredients (serves 20 small glasses / ramekins):
- 300 g chick peas
- 1 l chicken stock
- 200 g cream
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- Chilli powder or paprika, salt
- Cook the chick peas in the chicken stock for 30 minutes.
- Add the cream, bring up to the boil and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour an equal amount into each cocktail glass.
- Peel and dice the apple: place on the cream and sprinkle with chilli powder or paprika. Leave to chill and serve with a teaspoon.
Use tinned chick peas to make this recipe in just 10 minutes. One large and one small tin will give you a total of 900 g of cooked chick peas. Then carry on with the recipe as described.