An excellent way of starting a meal, combining vegetables and cheese, the two food groups that are most lacking in French diets.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 4 large white mushrooms.
- 1 crushed garlic clove.
- Salt, pepper.
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 goat’s cheese or half a Saint-Marcellin cheese, cut into small pieces.
- A few sprigs of parsley.
- Preheat the grill of your oven.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove the stalks.
- Arrange the caps in a shallow dish.
- Mix the stalks with the garlic, cream, cheese, salt and pepper to make a thick paste.
- The stuffing should not be too soft.
- Fill the mushrooms with the stuffing and place under a hot grill for 15 minutes.