A creamy tasty recipe which essentially provides beta-carotene thanks to the carrots which contributes to the maintenance of vision and normal skin.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 5 carrots
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4 tbsp. of fresh cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 6, and on a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry. Prick it with a fork to keep flat when baking.
- With a bowl make rounds, folding the edges to contain the filling.
- Brush the small tarts with a little oil. Then bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the carrots.
- Mix them with the fresh cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl and then fill the small tarts.
- Finish cooking the small tarts by baking for another 2 minutes.
Add some aromatic herbs such as chives, chervil, mint or parsley to bring freshness and lightness. A recipe costing less than 5 Euro and accessible to all.