Serve this dessert on a bed of fromage frais to give you one of the 3 portions of calcium you need each day.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 bananas, ripe
- 1 chunk of fresh ginger
- 1 orange, untreated
- 2 tbsp of rum
- 1 spoon of butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Wash the orange and remove the zest.
- Place the butter in a mould and melt in the oven.
- Drizzle the bananas with the melted butter and sprinkle with zest.
- Peel the ginger, cut into very thin strips and arrange them on the bananas.
- Add the orange juice and the rum.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, basting often. Serve with some vanilla ice cream.
If you do not have fresh ginger, use powdered ginger, but be careful, as the powdered variety can be very hot!