Caramel allows to make vegetables which often frighten children more appetizing.
Ingredients (serves 5):
- 500 g frozen Brussels sprouts
- 400 g canned pears
- 40 g butter
- 20 g sugar
- salt, pepper
- Steam Brussels sprouts for 10 minutes and keep them warm.
- Peel and cut the pears in dices and preserve the juice.
- Put the pears in a big frying pan or in a roasting pan, with a little butter and sugar, in strong heat to caramelize.
- Let caramelize for about ten minutes. When the caramel starts burnishing, gently mix Brussels sprouts.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
You can use caramelized apples, apricots or other seasonal fruits (grape…)