This combination of fruit and vegetables provides a tasty dish packed with vitamins, giving you valuable nutrients that are often lacking in modern dishes. Rapeseed oil is rich in Omega 3, so tuck in.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 2 mangoes
- 2 avocados
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 melon
- 1 lettuce
- 12 raw prawns
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Shell the prawns and fry in butter in a frying pan until they turn pink.
- Season with salt and set aside.
- Peel and dice the mangoes and avocados.
- Set aside in a salad bowl.
- Deseed the melon and cut into cubes.
- Add to the avocado/mango mixture.
- Deseed the tomatoes and cut into cubes also.
- Add to the bowl and mix gently.
- To make the dressing, combine the mustard with the vinegar. Add the oil and season with salt.
- Arrange the salad and prawns attractively on each plate, finishing with a drizzle of the dressing.
You can add a touch of cream to the dressing for a slightly richer sauce.