Vegetables really like spicy seasoning: it gives them just the right boost in flavour to win over even the most reluctant vegetable-eaters. For younger children, use less horseradish, as it is very hot.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 400 g of beetroots, cooked
- 1 orange
- 1 tsp of horseradish
- 1 tbsp of fromage frais
- Vinegar, oil, salt, pepper
- Peel and dice the beetroot.
- In a bowl, add the salt, pepper, vinegar and horseradish: mix and add the fromage frais, the oil and 2 tablespoons of orange juice. Mix again.
- Pour the sauce over the beetroot and mix gently.
- Wash and finely chop the parsley and add to the top of the mixture before serving, lukewarm or cold.
You can also cook raw beetroots and use them in this recipe: pour the fromage frais sauce over the beetroots while still warm and serve immediately.