The Indian soup, including lentils and vegetables, can be a main course dish and is a well balanced meal.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 leek,
- 1 carrot,
- 125g lentils,
- 300g pumkin,
- 1 zucchini,
- 1 can of tomatoes,
- some peas,
- olive oil,
- curry powder,
- bay leaf,
- 3/4 litre of vegetable stock.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan.
- Cut the leek into small slices and the carrot in dices, and add them to the oil.
- Cook it for a few minutes.
- Add garlic and curry powder (about 1 tea spoon). Heat for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, the bay leaf, and the lentils. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, the pumkin in dices, and the tomatoes.
- Add water (200 to 500 ml depending of the quantity of soup needed). Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, and when all the vegetables are smooth, it’s ready.
- Serve in individual plates, with fresh cut coriander.
To go with this rich soup: in a bowl, pour a liquid yoghurt, and add garlic, salt, pepper and coriander.
This soup brings you:
- Proteins from lentils
- Dietary fibres from lentils and vegetables
- Vitamins from vegetables