Rutabaga has to cook for longer than potato. The cooking juice is light and tasty. Underneath its rustic jacket the rutabaga has a fine texture and low calories. Time to bring it back in vogue!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 600 g of rutabaga
- 200 g of potatoes
- 200 ml milk
- 1 knob of butter
- salt, pepper
- Wash and peel the vegetables. Cut them in pieces of equal size.
- Put the rutabaga in slightly salted boiling water until tender (30 min. approximately).
- Halfway through the cooking process, add the potatoes and leave to boil.
- Put the cooked vegetables through a potato-masher, add a ladle full of the cooking juice and warm milk.
- Flavour with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg. Serve hot.