A quick and delicious way of enjoying this unique, tasty vegetable. Vitamin C is sensitive to oxygen, light and heat. Eat as soon as possible.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- Clean the fennel, removing the toughest leaves.
- Wash carefully, chop roughly and cook for 10 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Cook until just slightly crunchy. Drawn and leave to cool.
- Mix the crème fraîche, a little pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika and the chopped parsley.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This recipe can also be made with frozen fennel or a tin of fennel hearts. Replace the crème fraîche with natural yogurt for a more acidic flavour. A refreshing change – guaranteed.