A starter that’s high in fibre, vitamins (A, B9, C, B12) and calcium! You can turn this into a main course by using the same quantities for 4 people. Add a milk-based dessert and you’re done!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 400 g frozen eggplant, grilled
- 200 g frozen green beans
- 200 g sliced carrots
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 200 g feta (or 2 mozzarella balls)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt, pepper
- 6 individual ramekins
- Thaw the eggplant. In the meantime, heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the chopped onion, green beans (cut into short lengths), carrot slices and pepper cut into small dice (preferably peeled) and season to taste.
- Leave to cook for 15 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
- Leave to cool and add the feta, cut into dice.
- Oil the ramekins and place a slice of eggplant in the bottom of each one.
- Fill the ramekin with the cooked vegetables and feta mixture and cover with a slice of eggplant.
- Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes. Turn out.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
You can use mixtures of frozen ready-prepared vegetables to make this recipe. They come already chopped and contain no added salt. Then just carry on with the recipe as described.