Chestnuts are very nourishing and this recipe is a meal in itself: serve it for instance with green salad and finish with a light dairy product.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- One 400g jar of chestnuts
- 600ml milk
- 200ml light cream
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 6 prawns
- Cook the chestnuts for 20 minutes in 1/2 litre of chicken-stock.
- Take them out and drain, then put into a hot mixture of 300ml milk and 200ml of cream.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Put everything into the blender and adjust the thickness with the remaining milk.
- Peel the prawns, cut them into small pieces and fry them for a few minutes in the pan. Add the prawns to the soup.
Replace the chicken stock with a handful of frozen herbs for a fresher taste (Parsley and coriander).