Even the most vegetable-averse can be won over when offered cooked vegetables mixed with rice. Seasoning this kind of recipe well can help gradually get them used to enjoying vegetables on a daily basis.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 large bunch rapini
- 2 glasses short-grain rice
- 1 large onion
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Wash and drain the rapini. Peel and finely chop the onion, then brown it in olive oil until transparent.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and add to the frying pan with the onion. Add salt and pepper, then add the rapini.
- When the rapini begins to “drop”, add the rice and mix.
- Pour 4 glasses of water over the mixture, season with salt and pepper, cover and bring to a simmer.
- Leave to cook slowly until there is no water left. Serve hot.
This is an easy recipe and the original seasoning of the rice really brings out the flavours of the vegetables.